Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and make use of personal information, and how the law affects and protects you.
Feel The World, Inc., doing business as Xero Shoes, (“we”, “us”, “the Company”, “our”) acts as the joint controller/processor and is responsible for your personal data.
We hope that if you have any questions, requests or complaints about our data collection and use and about this policy that you contact us first so that we may address any situation that arises.
Please note that should our site include links to third-party websites over which we have no control, that you read the privacy documents of those websites.
If you share you email address with us for any reason we will not sell or rent your email address to any third parties for any reason. Nor will we barrage you with sales messages. By purchasing from us, you are agreeing to receive emails about your order, about special events, and to receive our newsletter.
Sharing of Your Personal Data
Feel the World, Inc. shares your personal data with:
- Third party service providers processing personal data on our behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, provide research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features. When using third party service providers we enter into agreements that require them to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data.
- Other third parties to the extent necessary to: (i) comply with a government request, a court order or applicable law; (ii) defend ourselves against third party claims; and (iii) assist in fraud prevention or investigation (e.g., counterfeiting).
- to any other third party where you have provided your consent.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
Should you choose to stop receiving email from us, there will be clear instructions at the bottom of each email for you to follow to “opt-out.” Emails about specific orders (e.g. shipping confirmation) will not have opt-out instructions.
General Information about the data we collect
We collect your personal data in the following circumstances:
- when you provide personal data to us directly (both analog and digital);
- when you use (one of) our services;
- when you visit (one of) our websites;
- when you visit (one of) our social media channels.
The types of information we collect may include the following (we do not necessarily collect all of this data):
- Identity — e.g. your name, birth date, gender
- Contact — e.g. billing and shipping addresses, email address, phone numbers
- Financial — e.g. payment data (we do not store credit card data at this time)
- Transactional — e.g. order data, ordered items, time and date of orders, refunds, exchanges, etc.
- Technical — e.g. IP address (see below), login times and days, browser type and version,geo location and time zones, operating systems, and other data related to the device and software you use to interact with our website and products
- Profile – e.g. user names, passwords (we are unable to see your passwords as they are encrypted), survey and feedback responses
- Usage — e.g. information about how you interact with our site
- Communication — e.g. your preferences about which types of communication you would like to receive from us and/or third-parties
If we are required to collect any type of personal data by law, and you choose not to provide it, we may not be able to provide you with goods or services. Should this require us to cancel or amend any order with us, we will contact you for resolution.
We may also collect, use, and share non-identifying “aggregate data” for any reason. This is information that is derived from the data above but is not deemed personal as it does not reveal your identity in any way. For example, aggregate data about the number or percentage of users who view a certain page or access a function or feature of our site or purchase certain products.
We do not collect “Special Categories” of personal data such as race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, health and biometric data, criminal history, etc.
Ways we collect data
There are various ways we can collect data from you. We do not necessarily use all of the following:
- Direct contact — e.g. you enter your data by filling out forms when you place an order, subscribe to our publications, enter sweepstakes or contests, request information, provide reviews and feedback.
- Third party data — e.g. data from publicly available sources such as analytics providers (e.g. Google), advertising networks such as Facebook, Pinterest, Quora, financial transactional data from payment services such as PayPal, etc.
- Automated technologies — we may collect Technical data using server logs, or “cookies” that reside on our site or other sites using our cookies (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”). Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site, your IP address.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a Web site, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Types of Cookies We Use:
We use the following cookies:
- Session cookies:We use session cookies to store information until you close your browser. This enables us to provide you with personalized user session. We can therefore adapt our service to your wishes or your surfing behavior as much as possible.
- Visitor impact: these cookies have no to little effect on the (the privacy of) our visitors. These cookies do not process personal data, or only for a short period.
- Visitor impact: these cookies have no to little effect on (the privacy of) our visitors. These cookies do not process personal data, or only for a short period.
- Analytical cookies:We use marketing cookies to provide you with relevant information. This does not only apply to the content of our website, but also to the displayed (third-party) advertisements. We can thus get an idea of your interests and adapt our website and ads accordingly.
- Visitor impact: these cookies have a little to medium effect on (the privacy of) our visitors. These cookies do not process personal data, or only for a short period.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our sites more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the
Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network
to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web
server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data”
so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content
of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We
provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ
in the maintenance of information received online, mail and telephone.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other items and services to our customers and prospective customers.
Feel The World, Inc. will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us, nor will such information be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the approval of the user at the time of collection.
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
Should we sell, transfer, or merge our business with a third-party, your data may transferred as part of that transaction. If that should occur, the third-party owners may use your data in the same manner described in this document. We will require third-parties to similarly treat and respect your data in accordance with the law. We will notify you should such a transaction occur.
We use a variety of technical and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to protect your data from accidental loss, access, use, alteration, or disclosure. We limit the access to your data to employees, agents, contractors and other third-parties who have a business need for that data. They will only access this data per our instructions and subject to non-disclosure.
We will notify you and any necessary authorities should we suspect a data breach to have occurred.
We will retain personal data only for as long as necessary for fulfilling the purposes for
which is was collected and for satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Deletion of data
In certain circumstances you may have rights regarding your personal data, including:
- Requesting access to your personal data
- Requesting correction or updating of your data
- Requesting removal of your personal data
- Objecting to processing your personal data
- Requesting restriction of processing your personal data
- Requesting transfer of your personal data
- Withdrawing consent
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at [email protected]
In order to comply, we may need to request specific information from you to confirm
your identity, ensure your right to access your data or to exercise other rights. We do
this to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to anyone who does not have the
right to receive it. We may contact you to get further information so that we can provide
an accurate and timely response to your request.
We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days, though it may take
longer depending on the nature and quantity of your requests and the total requests
received. Should we assess that the time to respond will exceed 30 days, we will notify
you with updates to the status of your request.
Should your request be repetitive, excessive, or clearly unfounded, we my assess a fee
for compliance or refuse to comply.
A Special Note About Children
Children are not eligible to use our web site and services and we ask that
minors (under the age of 13) do not submit any personal information to us. If
you are a minor, you can use this site only in conjunction with permission and
guidance from your parents or guardians.
How Do We Protect Your Information and Secure Information Transmissions?
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our Web site may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information is never transmitted via email.
Feel The World, Inc. may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, Feel The World, Inc. uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
You can ask us to stop sending marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links in any marketing message we send you or by contact us at [email protected].
We do not provide opt-out options for transactional emails such as order confirmation, shipping confirmation, tracking, etc.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have a complaint or other question with regards to the processing of your personal data, you may contact us through the following email address: [email protected]. Please make sure you include as much information as you can in relation to your complaint or question.
We will review complaints and questions within four weeks. We do everything we can to provide you with the best possible service. We make also every effort to resolve disputes. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may contact the supervisory authority and file a complaint.
For European Customers:
Your personal data is processed outside of the EEA. Your personal data is transferred to and processed in the United States of America (‘USA’). The USA is not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data. However, your personal data will be processed in compliance with EU data protection legislation under specific contracts approved by the European Commission which ensures the same level of protection of your personal data it has in the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries;
- Where we use providers based in the USA, we may either use the above contracts approved by the European Commission or we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU–U.S. Privacy Shield which, as outlined above, requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the USA. For further details, see European Commission: EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the country in which you reside.