Want to help us create the future of footwear?
Passionate about health/fitness/the outdoors?
Then come work with Xero Shoes!
Please click on an open position below to view the details about that job.
Are you passionate about health & wellness and want to make an extraordinary difference in people’s lives? Come work with Xero Shoes!
We are looking for a Full-Stack eCommerce Web Developer – someone who is a dynamic, ambitious, highly energetic, and self-motivated person able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while leading your team by example.
The purpose of this role would be to bolster our back-end and customer-facing web and systems capabilities so that we can quickly deploy technical solutions that can help fuel our growth (e.g., new website capabilities / features, security protocol, and systems infrastructure) and to provide additional support to the wholesale and customer service sides of the business (e.g., IT support, vendor/retailer support, bug fixes, etc.).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a full-stack web developer on all WordPress and WooCommerce projects, ensuring that all DTC properties and 3rd-party systems integrations are built to modern web standards, deliver high performance, and match the approved functionality and design.
- Research requirements for implementing new technologies in order to summarize capabilities and propose solutions to address limitations.
- Continuously identify and develop fixes for bugs and other issues to ensure optimal website performance.
- Update internal knowledge base and socialize features and functionality with stakeholders in marketing, sales, customer service, and operations.
- Ensure that all company data are secure, including managing the security of our production and staging environments.
- Serve as a senior technical advisor to various internal stakeholders in digital marketing, sales, customer service, and operations.
This position is located in our corporate office in the Interlocken area in Broomfield, CO and will report to the Director of eCommerce.
- Must have at least 7 years of experience working in a full time professional capacity (e.g., not part-time or side project) as a web developer in the online retail / eCommerce industry. Front-end/interface design and full stack experience may be combined to achieve 7 years.
- Strong familiarity with the WooCommerce plugin ecosystem – in particular, applications that support routine eCommerce functionality such as order management, CX, and web analytics.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of the principles of SEO and online marketing.
- Familiarity with warehouse and order management systems, enterprise resource planning, and customer experience platforms.
- Ability to design user interfaces that deliver an excellent direct-to-consumer shopping experience.
- Ability to design custom back-end solutions for internal customers and partners.
- Experience with Ship Hero, Google Analytics, Help Scout, and other core components of our stack is a plus.
- A mastery of WooCommerce is required; experience with other eCommerce platforms is a plus.
Digital Team Requirements:
- Familiarity with DevOps principles, practices, and tools.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and careful execution.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative spirit.
- Ability to work unsupervised to meet long-term deadlines.
- High trustworthiness and availability on-call when issues arise.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with complex problem-solving and abstract thinking.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working on an online store with at least 5,000 SKUs and have a deep understanding of the WooCommerce product data model (including parent/variation/SKUs/attributes/IDs).
- Work product meets the specifications outlined by internal stakeholders.
- The team can reach you during normal business hours via Slack, Zoom, and email for routine purposes.
- You are available outside business hours for critical emergencies (e.g., the website goes down).
- You can dedicate your full energy and attention to supporting the company mission.
- You genuinely care about building solutions that delight our customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000 – $125,000 annually DOE
- Medical and dental after 30 days of continuous employment.
- Complementary pair of shoes each month of employment (up to one pair per style).
- 401K eligible after one year of employment.
- Employee bonus and incentive plans.
Xero Shoes is handling our own recruitment. We will not respond to solicitations from recruiters.
Traditionally this position has been on-site. Since March 2020, the team has been working both in our Broomfield office and remotely. All COVID precautions are strictly in place.
Please send a letter of interest and your resume to [email protected] with ‘eCommerce Web Developer’ in the subject line.
Want to be a part of a fast-growing, wellness-oriented company making a real difference in people’s lives? Come work with Xero Shoes!
While we are currently well-staffed in customer service, we are always on the lookout for friendly, highly organized people with a passion for serving others to help us take care of our customers.
The position is located in our corporate office in the Interlocken area of Broomfield, Colorado. Please be aware that this is not a remote position. Our team’s presence is critical to our mission.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to answering phone calls and responding to emails, taking orders, processing refunds and exchanges, and serving walk-in customers.
The successful candidate will have at least two (2) years of customer service experience. Experience in conducting customer service phone calls is strongly recommended.
The personal characteristics we are looking for are:
- Excellent customer service skills including displaying courtesy; managing difficult customer situations; and responding promptly to customer needs
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Computer whiz – will be using cloud-based shopping cart and shipping software and may possibly be training and/or telecommuting due to COVID.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 WPM
- Excellent organizational skills
- Spectacular memory for obscure detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – must use proper grammar!
- Teamwork and self-management skills
- Unfailingly reliable and punctual
- Possess the patience of a Zen Master
Given the speed at which our company is growing, you also must be able to think fast, wear a lot of hats and adapt to a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. We’re a small team so everyone must be willing to pitch in where needed and work together to get things done. Some weekends and/or overtime may be required. Finally, Xero Shoes is dog friendly!
If you think you can take excellent care of our customers and contribute to our casual but very hard-working culture, please submit your resume and include a cover letter describing how your education, experience and overall background is applicable to this position and the company – we
would like to assess your writing skills and ability.
Absolutely no phone calls or visits – we are WAY too busy (and the office is closed due to COVID).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Medical and dental after 30 days of continuous employment
- Complementary pair of shoes each month of employment (up to one pair per style)
- 401K eligible after one year of employment
- Employee bonus and incentive plans
Traditionally this position has been on-site. Since March, the team has been working both in our Broomfield office and remotely. All COVID precautions are strictly in place.
We require that all candidates for this position be fully vaccinated and can present a CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card upon hire.
Please send a letter of interest and your resume to [email protected] with ‘Customer Happiness Team Member’ in the subject line.
Want to be a part of a fast-growing company making a real difference in people’s lives? Come work with Xero Shoes!
The job is first shift plus and occasional weekend. Our warehouse is located in east Denver near I-70 and Havana. Some of the duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Picking/packing direct-to-consumer orders
- Fulfilling wholesale and Amazon orders
- Processing returns and exchanges
- Unloading shipping container and trailers
- Sorting and restoring returned product
- Organizing stock and maintaining inventory
- Inspecting products for defects and damages
- Initiating quality control checks on incoming products and outbound shipments
The successful candidate will have at least two (2) years of warehouse experience including warehouse management systems using scanners in a warehouse or shipping environment. Experience with Ship Hero is a plus.
Whether you are experienced or not, please be sure that you meet the following minimum requirements prior to applying:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- Able to work some overtime hours if needed
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products
- Outstanding attendance record is required
- Able to safely operate a scissor lift or willing to learn
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate with management
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Able to work while wearing a mask
It’s a physical job! If you have never worked in a warehouse environment before, you should understand that you will be on your feet for 90% – 95% of your shift. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature in our warehouses is limited. Indoor warehouse working conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
Given the speed at which our company is growing, you also must be able to think fast, wear a lot of hats and adapt to a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. We’re a small team so everyone must be willing to pitch in where needed and work together to get things done. Some overtime may be required.
If you think you can take excellent care of our customers and contribute to our casual but VERY hard-working team culture, email your resume to [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
With nearly half a million customers in more than 97 countries, Xero Shoes is a lifestyle footwear brand focused on helping people everywhere discover the benefits of natural movement. Are you passionate about health & wellness and want to make an extraordinary difference in people’s lives? We are looking for a motivated, passionate Warehouse Manager to join our fast-growing company.
In this role you will report to the Chief Operating Officer and own responsibilities for managing the warehouse product deliveries; inventory; pack and ship – direct to consumer; large order fulfillment for Amazon, REI, Zappos; and the returns center.
You must use organizational skills and establish procedures to monitor products using data analytics. Building and cultivating relationships and information gathering is essential to this role. Determine pragmatic methods and refine them to solve never-before encountered problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing daily order fulfillment activities, including order processing, picking, packing, shipping preparation; and product returns including grading, cleaning, repacking
- Ensure inventory accuracy, integrity, and optimize slotting
- Developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for inventory control, logistics management, and order fulfillment to meet operational goals
- Preventing inventory shrinkage, accidents, and occupational hazards
- Optimizing procurement of warehouse supplies
- Managing a dynamic team of production leads, full-time and part-time warehouse staff, and temporary/seasonal labor
- Maintaining positive and mutually beneficial relationships with vendors, suppliers, manufacturers
- Reporting weekly on multiple fulfillment and performance KPIs
- Providing data-backed and actionable updates to senior management to improve order fulfillment SLAs and vendor performance
- 5-7 years of warehouse management experience
- Proven track record of analytical, interpersonal, leadership, and project management skills
- Prior experience and familiarity with warehouse fulfillment and distribution operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), inventory management systems, and warehouse management systems
- Multitasking capabilities
- Business-level communication skills (oral and written)
- A strong customer-oriented focus
- Strong employee interest and engagement to advance and promote our workforce
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience leading functional integration of ERP, WMS systems
Full time –
- Monday – Friday, occasional Saturday hours
- This position will work from our Warehouse in Denver
Pay Scale: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year DOE
This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short-and long-term incentives, and equity awards
- Medical, Dental available upon employment
- Additional employee funded ancillary benefits, such as qualified HSA, or FSA, and Voluntary Life / AD&D, Accidental, Critical Care etc. are also available if you choose to participate
- 401k eligible after 3 months of employment
- Xero Shoes provided life insurance
- Employee bonus and incentive plans
- Sick and vacation accrual
Please send a letter of interest and your resume to [email protected] with ‘Warehouse Manager’ in the subject line.
Xero Shoes handles our own recruitment, and we will not respond to solicitations from recruiters.