Get the fun and freedom of our best-selling sandals with an elegant closed-toe style and casual canvas comfort
For years, people have told us, “We LOVE our sandals, but what do we do when it’s cold out, or when I need something with closed-toes for work, or if I need a bit more protection?”
The new Ipari Hana is the answer.
The Hana is, first and foremost, a casual shoe. But since it’s built on our high-performance FeelTrue® sandal base, it’ll handle much more.
We don’t recommend using the Hana as a running shoe, but we know some of you will wear the Hana for more than just chillin’ at a coffee shop.
Check out these reviews from Hana wearers
Why you’ll love the Ipari Hana
- Natural FIT — a wide toe box lets your toes spread and relax. Plus the “XERO-drop” sole (non-elevated heel and low-to-the ground) allows for proper posture, balance and agility.
- Natural FUNCTION — the Hana is flexible enough to let your feet bend, move, and flex the way, well, that feet are supposed to. Plus, they’re so light weight, you’ll barely know you have them on. A men’s 9 is only 8 ounces each.
- Natural FEEL — the Hana uses the same 5.5mm FeelTrue® rubber sole from our Z-Trek sandal, so you get great protection while still getting the ground feedback that your feet like. With an optional 2mm insole, the Hana truly lets you Feel The World®.
- Vegan friendly materials — the Hana’s upper is canvas, the lining and external accents are microfiber. It washes easily with soap and water.
- Huarache inspired design — the heel/instep strap is not only eye-catching but functional.
- Flexible heel — feel free to step on the heel and wear the Hana as a “slide”
Why is it called “Ipari Hana”?
“Ipari” is the category name we’re using for all of our closed-toe shoes (yes, that means more are coming!). It was inspired by “rarajipari,” the running, ball-kicking game the Tarahumara play… even though it’s an endurance game, the emphasis is on FUN. Then, “Hana” was inspired by the name of the town in Maui, Hawaii that exemplifies the feeling of casual adventure. Plus, “hana” means “craft” in Hawaiian.
Put it together and you get a well-crafted, elegant casual shoe that’s perfect for your next adventure.
The Hana fits true to size, however if you are between sizes, we recommend choosing the larger size.* The natural cotton canvas can start out snug, and may require a brief break in period.
Since the foot is three-dimensional, any two-dimensional measuring tool, such as a ruler or Brannock device®, can only approximate your true shoe size. Manufacturers model their shoes on different foot shapes, so sizing may vary accordingly.
*Please note our sizing recommendations are based on customer feedback and do not ensure a proper fit.
Free exchanges within the US
We offer free US exchanges on new and unworn shoes. Read our full policy here Exchange Policy
Points to consider for sizing:
- The Hana is wider than a conventional men’s casual shoe. If you normally wear a larger size to get a wider fit in conventional shoes, you may not have to do that with the Hana. (Please note our sizing recommendations are based on customer feedback and do not ensure a proper fit.)
- Because of the natural cotton canvas upper, the width should stretch a little during initial wear.
- If you think of your foot as particularly narrow, you can consider ordering the Lena. Many of our male customers find a great fit in our women’s styles. Just be sure to adjust the size by 1.5 (for example a men’s 7 is the same as a women’s 8.5).
- People like different types of fit — some like their toes near the end, others like 1/4″-1/2″ of extra space.
Men’s Shoe Size Conversion Chart
|US Sizes||Euro Sizes||UK Sizes||JP Sizes|
We want to make sure you get the correct size and enjoy your Xero Shoes. If you have any questions, call us at 303.447.3100 or email us.