Get the fun and freedom of our best-selling sandals with super-cute closed-toe style and casual canvas comfort
For years, people have told us, “We LOVE our sandals, but what do we do when it’s cold out, or when I need something with closed-toes for work, or if I need a bit more protection?”
The new Lena is the answer for women.
The Lena, like our other casual canvas shoe, the Hana, is meant to be a casual shoe. We don’t suggest that you run an ultra marathon in the Lena, but we know when you have our high-performance FeelTrue® sandal base under your foot, some of you will do more in the Lena than just hanging out.
Check out these reviews from Lena wearers
What you’ll love about the Lena
It’s what makes all our Xero Shoes special — we believe in feet! Your feet are supposed to bend, flex, and feel the world. The Lena lets you do that.
- Natural FIT — the wide toe box lets your toes spread and relax. Plus the “XERO-drop” sole (non-elevated heel and low-to-the ground) allows for proper posture, balance and agility.
- Natural FUNCTION — the flexible Lena let’s your feet bend, move, and flex the way that feet are supposed to. Plus, they’re so light, you might forget you have them on. A woman’s size 7 is only 6 ounces each.
- Natural FEEL — the Lena uses the 5.5mm FeelTrue® rubber sole from our Z-Trek sandal. That means you get get great protection while still letting you feel the sensations that your feet and brain want. If you need a bit of extra protection, just toss in the optional 2mm insole. The Lena lets you truly Feel The World®.
- Vegan friendly materials — the Lena has a canvas upper, with a cotton lining and microfiber accents. You can wash it with soap and water.
- Huarache inspired design — the heel/instep strap adds a subtle, eye-catching call out, but it’s also functional, holding your heel and cinching up around your instep.
- Flexible heel — you can step on the heel and wear the Lena as a “slide”
Is the Lena just for women?
We’ve designed it as a “woman’s” shoe. Compared to the Hana, the shape is a bit narrower and accommodates a slightly higher instep. The pattern offers a bit more adjustment, too. The canvas isn’t as “outdoorsy” as the one in the Hana. That said, men with a narrow foot might still like the Lena. And women with wider feet may want to try the Hana.
The Lena fits true to size, however if you are between sizes, we recommend choosing the larger size.* The natural cotton canvas can start out snug, and may require a brief break in period.
Since the foot is three-dimensional, any two-dimensional measuring tool, such as a ruler or Brannock device®, can only approximate your true shoe size. Manufacturers model their shoes on different foot shapes, so sizing may vary accordingly.
*Please note our sizing recommendations are based on customer feedback and do not ensure a proper fit.
Free exchanges within the US
We offer free US exchanges on new and unworn shoes. Read our full policy here Exchange Policy
Points to consider for sizing:
- The Lena is wider than a conventional women’s casual shoe. If you normally wear a larger size to get a wider fit in conventional shoes, you may not have to do that with the Lena. (Please note our sizing recommendations are based on customer feedback and do not ensure a proper fit.)
- Because of the natural cotton canvas upper, the width should stretch a little during initial wear.
- If you think of your foot as particularly wide, you can consider ordering the Hana. Many of our female customers find a great fit in our men’s styles. Just be sure to adjust the size by 1.5 (for example a men’s 7 is the same as a women’s 8.5).
- People like different types of fit — some like their toes near the end, others like 1/4″-1/2″ of extra space.
Women’s Shoe Size Conversion Chart
|US Sizes||Euro Sizes||UK Sizes||JP Sizes|
We want to make sure you get the correct size and enjoy your Xero Shoes. If you have any questions, call us at 303.447.3100 or email us.