Want to improve your health AND have fun? Take a hike!
- Hiking on rugged trail surfaces is a natural way to engage your core muscles,
- Burn calories — Hiking on uneven terrain increases the amount of energy used by your body by 28 percent compared to walking on flat ground,
- Get strong — Hiking helps to strengthen often neglected muscles in your hips, knees, ankles, and feet to improve balance and stability,
- Hiking is good for your brain: research shows that time spent in natural environments engages all five senses and calms brain activity,
- Instant meditation — just being out in mother nature reduces your mind’s tendency to get stuck on negative, self-focused thought patterns – resulting in a happier, healthier you!
So, go on a hike! Your body and mind will thank you.
Your new favorite shoes for hiking and trail running:
The content of this post does not constitute and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions or concerns you may have about your health or a medical condition.